Sunday 16 January 2011

Currently



Craving for 'Thirteen Reasons Why' book. This is about a set of audiotapes sent by a girl named Hannah Baker, who just commited suicide. Two weeks after that incident, Clay Jensen, Hannah's classmate and a boy who once had a crush on her, returns home from school to find a mysterious box with his name on it lying on his porch. Inside he discovers cassette tapes recorded by Hannah. On tape, Hannah explains that there are thirteen reasons why she decided to end her life. Clay is one of them. If he listens, he’ll find out how he made the list.

There are some quotes from this book I really like, but these two are my favorite.
"You don’t know what goes on in anyone’s life but your own. And when you mess with one part of a person’s life, you’re not messing with just that part. Unfortunately, you can’t be that precise and selective. When you mess with one part of a person’s life, you’re messing with their entire life. Everything. . . affects everything."
"If you hear a song that makes you cry and you don't want to cry anymore, you don't listen to that song anymore. But you can't get away from yourself. You can't decide not to see yourself anymore. You can't decide to turn off the noise in your head."
I really am craving for this book. According to the reviews I read on Goodreads, this book is like one of the most quality Young Adult book.


In love with He is We. It's an indie-pop group- well actually it only consists of two people, Rachel Taylor and Trevor Kelly. They are so amazing, really. I can't stop listening to their songs lately. Check them out on their purevolume page. It's recommended to all of you who love sweet-and-cute-acoustic music.

Feeling so low because I heard that in order to get into FSRD ITB (a design faculty in ITB, one of the best university in Indonesia) this year - and I'm pretty sure it also occurs for the next 3 years or so - we have to take social program, or at least study social studies, karena masuknya lewat jalur IPS, jadi materi yang diujikan adalah pelajaran IPS!! Helloo, I'm a student in science program, which means I have to study both science and social studies if I want to make it to FSRD ITB. For more info, click here. Kenapa USM harus dihapus sekarang sih? :'(

11 comments:

  1. 13 reasons why is such a great book!!! I haven't read it in so long and I think I need to pick it up again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im definitely putting this on my must read list, wow! Sounds like it would be sad and interesting.
    Scrapbook de la Emma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great book!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that book seems really interesting... checking to see if they have it at the Chapters near my house now. ;)

    xo
    Sealverland

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a good book. I have to add it to my list of "must-reads"

    ReplyDelete
  6. chin up, i'm sure you'll be able to find another (equally) good design school. i haven't done any real reading in awhile... should really pick back up on the habit! the trick is finding time! (or well, making it. lol) thanks for the encouragement you left me on my page. it's so nice to know that i have support. take care okay (: (: smile. things happen for a reason.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always love a good book recommendation! Thanks so much.
    Sorry for your frustrating news about school. BOO.

    I really appreciate you stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment!!
    Leaving the House in THIS?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. jangan sedih² ya..i'm sure things will work out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i read this book! last year! it was really, really good i could barely put it down!

    ReplyDelete