Saturday 1 December 2012

I Guess So

Not that long ago, I reached the point of my life where everything went dull. Nothing was going the way I wanted it to be. I was pretty much depressed and got addicted to crying. I knew it doesn't solve anything yet I still did it so often I couldn’t even count how many times a day did I cry. It really was a hard time for me.

Months have passed. Everything has been improving since that dark time. This new life I’m living is way better than how I thought it would be. Everyone is great. I'm treated nicely. But it’s all different now. A big part of me is thanking God every single day, saying that I couldn’t ask for a better life than this one. Yet some other part is keep telling me that if I could trade anything, anything, with that “normal” life I had, I would.

I asked myself, ‘So what is it? What is the problem?’

Then I think the problem is not really at the environment. The problem is me. I’m the one who’s changing. My mood swing is rather crazy. I can laugh at the simplest thing yet my tears can flow at the drop of a hat. When I’m surrounded with people, the things they do and the things we do together can make me so happy that I laugh as if I’m the happiest person on earth. But when I’m alone, my addiction to crying comes back, even when absolutely nothing is happening.

Then I asked myself again ‘why?’

Hmm
Maybe, just maybe, the pain is still here.
Maybe, I still haven't let go of my shattered dream.
Maybe it’s still haunting me.
And I’m scared.

I’m scared that I will always be like this for the rest of my life. I’m scared that I will be living a life where I always wonder ‘what if that thing didn’t happen?’. I’m scared that whenever I look into the mirror, I’ll always see the girl who failed. I don’t want it to happen. I don’t.

I guess, I need help.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, I thought I was the only one who felt that...
    I guess everyone has the "dark side". The only thing we can do is to surround ourselves with as many activities as possible in order to forget about that dark side, methinks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sometimes you have to go through such a phase to be able to bounce back with more maturity and realistic view on life. been there done that. don't worry too much, encourage yourself to be positive everyday and you'll get through this phase sooner than you think. :)





    WWW.FASHIONGEEKSCLOSET.COM

    ReplyDelete
  3. you know, you shouldn't think too much. when you mostly don't care about unimportant things and negative thoughts, you will focus more on the bright side, everyone has this kind of phase in their life :D

    ReplyDelete