Saturday 16 July 2011

First Week of Senior Year

Robin: Ted, the future is scary. But you can't just run back to the past because it's familiar. Yes, it's tempting...
Barney: But it's a mistake.

- How I Met Your Mother Season 6 Episode 24



Ok so this post is not really about my first week of senior year. It's more about something I have to figure out as soon as possible since I'm already a senior in high school.

I just deleted my old blog. I guess this is one of my ways of saying goodbye to the past. I didn't delete it before because it contains some posts I made back then when I was still in junior high, and some comments on that blog really made me smile, but I think it's time for me to make rooms for the new things. I don't use that blog again. Maybe there's someone who wants to use the url I used.

Sure all I did in the past made me who I really am today. But I don't wanna be trapped in the past anymore. Even though I had fun back then, I have to let it go. Even though I failed a couple times before, I have to move on and keep trying to write my own success story. The future is waiting for me.

The senior year had already started 6 days ago. I have to figure out what do I wanna be when I grow up in less than a 8 months. I have to work hard and pray harder. All I can do now is just trying my best and hope it will all work out later. All this time I've been saying that I want to be an architect, but I might need to say goodbye to that. Yes it's been my dream job for so long. But just because I've been willing to be an architect since I was a kid doesn't mean I may not change it right? Every time someone ask me why do I want to be an architect, my favorite thing to say is 'because I've been willing to be one since I was little'. And I realize it's not a reasonable answer. Yes being an architect sounds fun and I couldn't imagine to have another job, but maybe that's what make it all wrong. I've never thought about any other careers to pursue.

Honestly, I still haven't figured it out yet. All I know is, if I wanna be an architect, I have to find another reasons why I want to be one. Good reasons. As good and as many as possible. Wish me luck people! Hope I can find the answer soon.

7 comments:

  1. ah architecture is so fun! I LOVE HIMYM :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. I think sometimes it is hard to know when to let go of part of your past. I am trying to work on that right now myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very sweet and considerate of you to open the url back up for people to use. so many times i've come across zombie blogs on blogger and i wish the owners would just shut down the entire thing so that i can have the url, lols! (is that awful of me?) enjoy your senior year, really. don't worry so much about what's going to happen and where you're going to end up because life, as i've found out, has a funny way of falling in to place. just take your time and enjoy the ride. senior year was one of the best times of my life and it's gonna be yours, too. *biiiiig hug*

    ReplyDelete
  4. aaw good luck w/ everything :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. dont worry you still have a time to think about it, and im sure you'll find the answer!
    stick true to your heart and your passion

    xoxo
    style frontier

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh good luck!!!! i still have absolutely no idea and it is just a wee bit stressful but hopefully everything will work out!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't worry! You'll figure it out <3 good luck!

    ReplyDelete