Saturday 12 February 2011

What If I Am the Next?

One of my junior just passed away today. When I first heard this, I felt empty. I couldn't feel anything. But then I came back to reality and I was scared. I cried. Even though I dont know him in person, but I do know his face. We met often. Especially these last couple of days. He seemed really fit and healthy. But then suddenly, this day, he got a heart attack. This makes me think, the next time it happens, it might be me.

We all think and hope that we all will have a normal life. Like this

But what if our life turns to be not as normal as that? What if it will stop at the word 'school'? What if we will never know what it feels like to work? What it feels like to earn some money for doing your passion? What if you'll never get married and have a happy family? What if all of the things you do, studying hard so that one day you'll become a very successful person, is useless because your life will end just before you can make your dream comes true?

All my life, or at least these last couple of years, I've been thinking too hard about my future. I've always been so scared that maybe, I wont be able to become a successful and sophisticated woman. I've been wondering, what if my future wont be so bright? Now, I realized. I've been wondering too many questions, but never the most important thing : what if, I will never have a future? Literally, dont have a future.

So this is what I think I should learn from this. Live your life for the present. Live it to the fullest. Have fun! Don't let the smallest problem in this world becomes the one that depresses you the most. Life is too precious to waste on those things. Do not ever forget every little sweet things a person do for you. Maybe one day you won't be able to see that person again and you'll give everything just to get back to that moment.

But the most important thing to do is, remember that God does exist and He can call you any time. Do not ever forget to pray and ask Him to give the best for you.

My deepest condolences go out to Arsya Pratama's family, friends, and everyone who'd known him before he died. You have to know that my prayers (and I'm pretty sure many of other people's prayers too) go out to you today. Arsya, even though I never had a chance to know you in person, I just couldn't hold my tears from falling. I'm sorry I can't come to your funeral. Rest in peace!

8 comments:

  1. hello thanks for dropping by!
    oh and maybe you should check The Trees and The Wild.they produce good music ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw I'm sorry for your loss and you are so right about living your life to the fullest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I'm sorry about your friend. That's awful. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry about your friend. Have a positive attitude, as the saying goes- the future is what you make of it. Plus a big thank you for your comment!
    www.swampedinflowers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow... this is so wonderful and insightful Ima! I'm glad I stopped in here today. :) You are not alone in these thoughts... I think them often too!

    And thank you so much for your very sweet comment on my love story post the other day... it was very much appreciated! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my dear, what a tragedy :( I'm sorry for your loss. Even though you said you didn't know him well, it sure is a shock and sad. What wonderful wisdom you have gained though - live each day to its fullest. None of us know if we're "next". Prayers with you.

    Better Than a Milk Mustache

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry for your loss :( But I loved this post. You're very wise for your age :) And very inspiring!!
    Last year one of our best friend's passed and it took me along time to get over. I just kept thinking what if my husband passed away? What if, what if, what if?! Took me longer than a day to realize exactly what you said in this post :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. too bad "padahal gak gw baca artikel nya jb jb aja deh, haha :D"

    ReplyDelete