Saturday 4 December 2010

Sometimes Tomorrow Has To Start Today

Who do you want to be when you grow up? A doctor maybe? Or a lawyer? And what are you doing now? Laying on the couch and think you have nothing else to do beside surfing the internet? Now look at the title of your tabs. What are they? If what you see are only tumblr, twitter, some bands' myspace profiles, and so on, then you're as dead as me now. I'm actually writing this as a note to myself.

In order to make your wishes come true, you have to start making it happen today. You can't just sit down and hoping that tomorrow you'll become a president. You have to stand up now and start giving a damn about what's going on in your country. You want to be a doctor, and everytime you see that super thick and big biology book, you'd say 'Naah I'm not going to study now. I still have time' ? No no you can't be like that. You have to start fighting your laziness and get your ass off of the couch.

No one will grant your wishes (unless you have a magic lamp with a genie inside :p) You better make it happen. Starting now!

I've been a dreamer for a long time, but I never really have the spirit to make my dreams come true. I still dont do what I have to do, even for the simplest of things. I'm not proud of it, of course. I'm sick of it. I want to change. But everytime I think about it, I'd say 'oh yeah I'm gonna change. Today? Or tomorrow? Well tomorrow it is.' and dang, i haven't changed yet. But now I'm saying this to myself, sometimes tomorrow has to start today.

P.S : That line I used as the title is a quote from the book 'A Book of Tomorrow' I honestly has only read the first chapter haha :p But it was good. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment